Thursday, February 04, 2010

Favorite Praise Song

Psalm 149:1 
Praise the LORD. Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise in the assembly of the saints.
Music is powerful. None of us deny it. It can lift us up when we are down. It can make us think. It acts as a vehicle to carry information. Praise songs have become incredibly popular in Christian culture, and there are some that think this is a bad thing and others who think it's wonderful. I think some praise music is silly, but there is a level of depth and personalization to the best praise songs that you won't find in your hymnal.

Do you have a favorite praise song? If so, drop a few lines of it into a reply and send it back. I'll get the ball rolling with mine. BTW-Tomorrow I'll ask about your favorite hymn.

Mighty to Save (Hillsongs)

vs 2
So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

Chorus
Savior, He can move a mountain
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever, Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

I love the themes of humility and redemption, of dependence and adoration.

1 comment:

  1. We are His portion and He is our prize,
    Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
    If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
    So Heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss,
    And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
    I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
    When I think about, the way…

    Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
    Chorus 2:
    He loves us,
    Whoa! how He loves us,
    Whoa! how He loves us,
    Oh how He loves.
    Yeah, He loves us,
    Whoa! how He loves us,
    Whoa! how He loves us,
    Whoa! how He loves.

    thanks jason. this was great to think about today. my favorite part is the part that says "I dont have time to maintain these regrets when i think about the way He loves us...."

    Cousin Nicole

    ReplyDelete